Considerar:

La obstinación es quizá la única cualidad humana valiosa no sólo en la profesión policial sino al menos en todas las que tienen que ver con el concepto de verdad.

Michel Houellebecq (1958-?) Poeta, novelista y ensayista francés

Terrazas del Rodeo

A President in touch with reality?

Más
1 año 9 meses antes #55 por Editor
Respuesta de Editor sobre el tema A President in touch with reality?
Economy in Better Place Than Historically, Fundamentally Different Place, No Clue Why Americans

On 6/7/2022, White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre answered questions for about 20 minutes after actor Matthew McConaughey gave an address. Jean-Pierre claimed the economy is in a better place now that it has been historically. Fox News reporter Peter Doocy challenged Jean-Pierre, "Why do you think it is that 83 percent of people polled by The Wall Street Journal say the economy is “poor” or “not so good”?"

Jean-Pierre: ... the fact is: We are in a fundamentally different place compared to when the President took office and compared to this time a year ago. And so, you know, during this President — during his pres- — this presidency, people felt uncertainty — uncertain about the economy generally, but they actually felt as good about their personal financial situations as they ever have, according to the Federal Reserve survey, with nearly 80 percent of adults reporting that they are financially comfortable. So, that matters as well.

Doocy: But to the point about the — you’re saying that people feel good about their personal financial situation. High gas prices, people can’t get baby formula, the supply chain is messed up, everything is more expensive. Where’s the good part?

Jean-Pierre: So, the survey that I just read off started in 2013. And that is the first time that we saw numbers like this since 2013. So that does — no, that does mean something. Just like you gave me 83 percent, I’m giving you —

Doocy: And I understand that. Another number then —

Jean-Pierre: I —

Doocy: — newer than 2013, 61 percent are saying now, in this Wall Street Journal poll, they are generally pessimistic about people having an opportunity to achieve the American Dream. How’s that going look on a — on a bumper sticker?

Jean-Pierre: So, what I’m — I guess what I’m trying to say, Peter, is that we understand that people are feeling — feeling this. They are feeling the increase of prices, which — with food, in particular, right now, and gas. That is — that is something that we understand. What we’re trying to say, what I’m trying to say to you is that the economy is in a better place than it has been historically.

And so, we feel, here at this administration and other experts as well, is that — we feel that we are in a good position to take on inflation. ... And so, that’s what we’re saying. We’re trying to — what we’re saying is that we were in a different place a year ago, and now we are in a much better place economically. But there’s still work to do, and we understand that.

Doocy: Okay. And then, just quickly, on gas prices. The Energy Secretary, Granholm, is saying, “Oh, well, if you went to Canada, you’d be paying $6.25 a gallon. If you went to Germany, you’d be paying over $8.80. In the UK, it’s almost $8 a gallon.” What kind of an argument is that: “Just be happy you don’t live in Munich”?

Jean-Pierre: I think what she was — what she’s trying to say and what we have all been trying to say is this is a global challenge. This is not just in the United States that people are feeling inflation or people are seeing elevated gas prices. This is a global challenge.

Doocy: And isn’t it the President’s job to protect Americans from global challenges?

Jean-Pierre: He’s doing — he’s doing his part in trying to make sure that ... The President has done — he’s tapped into the Strategic Petroleum Reserve ... So, we know there is more to do. We’re not disagreeing here. We know that there is more to do.

Por favor, Identificarse o Crear cuenta para unirse a la conversación.

Más
1 año 9 meses antes #56 por Editor
Biden angrily denies being reckless spender

US President Joe Biden has pushed back against criticism that excessive government spending on his watch has contributed to the US inflation crisis, furiously denying that he has been fiscally reckless and blaming Republicans for obstructing him from curbing runaway prices.

“I don’t want to hear any more of these lies about reckless spending,” Biden shouted on Tuesday at the AFL-CIO’s convention in Philadelphia. “We’re changing people’s lives.”

The president argued that in contrast to his predecessor, Donald Trump, he has reduced federal budget deficits. In fact, he claimed to have achieved the largest deficit cut on record, a targeted $1.6 trillion in the government’s current fiscal year after paring $350 billion in his first budget.

www.rt.com/news/557176-biden-denies-reckless-spending

Más
1 año 9 meses antes - 1 año 9 meses antes #57 por Editor
'Sums up the Biden presidency': Joe Biden takes a spill off bicycle

Joe Biden trying to 'prove how energetic he is' following bike fall

US President Joe Biden has been trying to "prove how energetic he is" following his recent fall off a bicycle

Más
1 año 9 meses antes #58 por Editor
Joe Biden 'is lying to the American people'

US President Joe Biden has been accused of engaging in political "gimmicks" after he proposed a three-month gas tax holiday in order to address the country’s oil crisis.

The federal gasoline tax is 18 cents per gallon, which, if waved, would ensure motorists would likely get some relief at the pump.

However, Fox News host Jesse Watters said the move is a “gimmick" and that he is not telling the truth when it comes to the state of America’s domestic oil supply.

Más
1 año 8 meses antes #59 por Editor
Embarrassing: Biden's Grand Energy Plan Just Got Blown Up...By the French President

Biden's energy plan is toast. It got blown up. It shows Biden being outmaneuvered by our allies. The way it was done also shows that Europe knows this presidency needs to be pushed along—a lot. It was the clearest sign of the weakness exhibited by Biden. The gross incompetence is pervasive. Within earshot of reporters, you can see French President Emmanuel Macron telling Biden that the United Arab Emirates is already at capacity with oil production and that Saudi Arabia cannot produce much more either.

townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2022/06/28/embarrassing-bidens-grand-energy-plan-just-got-blown-upby-the-french-president-n2609425

El ID de tweet dado no es válido

Más
1 año 8 meses antes #60 por Editor
Read the private email Obama sent his former doc after he questioned Biden's cognitive health

Former President Barack Obama reprimanded his own former White House physician for criticizing Joe Biden's cognitive health on the 2020 presidential campaign trail, according to a forthcoming book.

In his memoir "Holding the Line: A Lifetime of Defending Democracy and American Values," Rep. Ronny Jackson, R-Texas, writes about a stern email from Obama about then-presidential candidate Biden’s "crazy statements and concerning mental gaffes" — a criticism he was uniquely qualified to make having served as the White House physician to Presidents George W. Bush, Obama and Donald Trump.

www.foxnews.com/politics/exclusive-read-private-email-obama-sent-former-doc-after-questioned-bidens-cognitive-health

Moderadores: Administrator
Gracias a Foro Kunena