Considerar:

La violencia es el miedo a los ideales de los demás.

Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948) Político y pensador indio

Terrazas del Rodeo

Totalitarianism 2.0

Más
2 años 2 meses antes - 2 años 2 meses antes #73 por Editor
Respuesta de Editor sobre el tema Totalitarianism 2.0
Thousands of Cowboys show support for Trucker's 'Freedom Convoy'

Por favor, Identificarse o Crear cuenta para unirse a la conversación.

Más
2 años 2 meses antes #74 por Editor
The Truckers freedom convoy v.s. Totalitarianism

Más
2 años 2 meses antes #75 por Editor
Time for change

I live in downtown Ottawa, right in the middle of the trucker convoy protest. They are literally camped out below my bedroom window. My new neighbours moved in on Friday and they seem determined to stay. I have read a lot about what my new neighbours are supposedly like, mostly from reporters and columnists who write from distant vantage points somewhere in the media heartland of Canada. Apparently the people who inhabit the patch of asphalt next to my bedroom are white supremacists, racists, hatemongers, pseudo-Trumpian grifters, and even QAnon-style nutters. I have a perfect view down Kent Street – the absolute ground zero of the convoy. In the morning, I see some protesters emerge from their trucks to stretch their legs, but mostly throughout the day they remain in their cabs honking their horns. At night I see small groups huddled in quiet conversations in their new found companionship. There is no honking at night. What I haven’t noticed, not even once, are reporters from any of Canada’s news agencies walking among the trucks to find out who these people are. So last night, I decided to do just that – I introduced myself to my new neighbours.

- - -

As I finally made my way back home, after talking to dozens of truckers into the night, I realized I met someone from every province except PEI. They all have a deep love for this country. They believe in it. They believe in Canadians. These are the people that Canada relies on to build its infrastructure, deliver its goods, and fill the ranks of its military in times of war. The overwhelming concern they have is that the vaccine mandates are creating an untouchable class of Canadians. They didn’t make high-falutin arguments from Plato’s Republic, Locke’s treatises, or Bagehot’s interpretation of Westminster parliamentary systems. Instead, they see their government willing to push a class of people outside the boundaries of society, deny them a livelihood, and deny them full membership in the most welcoming country in the world; and they said enough. Last night I learned my new neighbours are not a monstrous faceless occupying mob. They are our moral conscience reminding us – with every blow of their horns – what we should have never forgotten: We are not a country that makes an untouchable class out of our citizens.

maybury.ca/the-reformed-physicist/2022/02/03/a-night-with-the-untouchables

Más
2 años 2 meses antes - 2 años 2 meses antes #76 por Editor
The Police is threatening to arrest people walking around with jerrycans

It's a pure sign of totalitarianism when the Police is used against the people!

Ottawa police have threatened to arrest anyone providing the Freedom Convoy with gas and diesel cans after they initially blocked trucks with fuel tanks coming to the aid of the protesters.

Authorities announced that anyone providing “material support” to the demonstrators would be subject to arrest from midnight last night.Asked whether “material support” included necessities like food and water, a police spokesperson told Fox News that the announcement “relates to hazardous materials that represent a public safety or fire hazard.”

summit.news/2022/02/07/police-threaten-arrests-for-people-giving-fuel-to-freedom-convoy

Freedom Convoy | Police target fuel supply for demonstration in Ottawa

Protesters say police seized 3,200 litres of fuel during a raid at the Ottawa Baseball Stadium on Coventry Road Sunday evening.

Live from the police raid at the trucker base camp. Feb 6 2022

Más
2 años 2 meses antes - 2 años 2 meses antes #77 por Editor
A corrupted politician?

Canada's Prime Minister avoids answering a simple straight forward question as he testifies over WE Charity controversy

Finance Critic Pierre Poilievre grills Justin Trudeau on how much his family has received from the WE Charity while he testifies.

Más
2 años 2 meses antes - 2 años 2 meses antes #78 por Editor
Police brutality

Moderadores: Administrator
Gracias a Foro Kunena