To Consider:

You can either be informed and your own rulers, or you can be ignorant and have someone else, who is not ignorant, rule over you.

Julian Assange (1971- ) Australian editor and publisher founded WikiLeaks

Terrazas del Rodeo

New Covid-19 variant (Omicron) detected in South Africa

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #7 by Editor
Moderna and Pfizer vaccinations are only 10% effective at preventing omicron after the second dose

Real-world data from the United Kingdom has shown that Pfizer’s and Moderna’s vaccines are only about 10% effective at preventing symptomatic infection from omicron 20 weeks after the second dose, according to study from the U.K. Health Security Agency. However, the original two doses still provide good protection against severe illness, the study found.Booster shots are up to 75% effective at preventing symptomatic infection, according to the study.

www.cnbc.com/2022/01/10/covid-vaccine-pfizer-ceo-says-omicron-vaccine-will-be-ready-in-march.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #8 by Socrates
Replied by Socrates on topic New Covid-19 variant detected in South Africa
Covid-vaccines do not seem to work the way vaccines normally do:

The tweet ID given is invalid

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #9 by Editor
Pfizer CEO: New COVID-19 vaccine that covers Omicron ‘will be ready in March'

More
2 years 2 months ago #10 by Editor

Dr. Clive Dix, who played a key role in helping pharmaceutical firms create the COVID-19 vaccines, told LBC radio on Jan. 16: “The Omicron variant is a relatively mild virus. And to just keep vaccinating people and thinking of doing it again to protect the population is, in my view, now a waste of time.

”Dix said the focus now should be on protecting vulnerable people, such as those over 60, 2 percent of whom remain unvaccinated.

“We should have a highly-focused approach to get those people vaccinated and anybody else who’s vulnerable,” he said.

www.theepochtimes.com/waste-of-time-to-keep-vaccinating-people-ex-head-of-uk-vaccine-taskforce_4216302.html

More
2 years 1 month ago #11 by Editor
Being honest or following the money?

The doctor who helped discover the Omicron COVID-19 variant claimed that she was pressured by several government officials not to reveal that it was a milder strain.

Speaking to Germany’s Welt newspaper, Dr. Angelique Coetzee, who is currently the head of the South African Medical Association, said that during discussions with European officials, she was told not to say that Omicron patients presented milder symptoms than prior COVID-19 variants.

“I was told not to publicly state that it was a mild illness. I have been asked to refrain from making such statements and to say that it is a serious illness. I declined,” she told Welt in response to a question about her initial discussions about Omicron with European officials.

Coetzee did not elaborate on which officials allegedly told her to keep quiet. In the interview, Coetzee said that South African officials did not try to pressure her, claiming that later, she was criticized by authorities in the United Kingdom and the Netherlands.

She continued: “I am a clinician and based on the clinical picture there are no indications that we are dealing with a very serious disease. The course is mostly mild. I’m not saying you won’t get sick if you’re mild,” according to a German-to-English translation.

“The definition of mild COVID-19 disease is clear, and it is a [World Health Organization] definition: patients can be treated at home and oxygen or hospitalization is not required,” Coetzee said, adding: “A serious illness is one in which we see acute pulmonary respiratory infections: people need oxygen, maybe even artificial respiration. We saw that with Delta—but not with Omicron. So I said to people, ‘I can’t say it like that because it’s not what we’re seeing.'”

www.theepochtimes.com/doctor-who-helped-discover-omicron-says-she-was-pressured-not-to-reveal-its-mild_4269554.html

Moderators: Administrator