Spain will demand a negative PCR-test from 23 November of all international travellers arriving by air or sea. The PCR-test has to be taken within 72 hours before arriving in Spain from high COVID-19 risk countries.
OBS! TMA (Transcription-Mediated Amplification) and RT-LAMP (Reverse Transcriptase Loop-Mediated Isothermal Amplification), have been incorporated on 10 December 2020 as accepted diagnostic tests in addition to the PCR-test to enter Spain.
Breaking News: Negativ COVID-19 test is now also required for people arriving to Spain by land from risk areas in France. Exceptions are being made for children under six years old, people living near the border, etc.
A negative PCR, TMA or RT-LAMP test is an addition to the temperature control that is already carried out on arrival. A section will be included in the Health Control form (“Formulario de Control Sanitario”) for the negative PCR-test or TMA-test. Passengers may at any time on arrival be asked to present the test result. The document must be the original, written in Spanish or English and may be submitted in paper or electronic format.
Alternatively, passengers may be required to carry out a COVID-19 RT-PCR test within 48 hours of arrival, the result of which must be communicated to the Foreign Health Services by the means indicated for this purpose. (BOE-A-2020-14049, Sexto.)
It is the European Center for Disease Control (ECDC) that decides which countries to be classified as high COVID-19 risk. A country is classified as high risk when the 14-day cumulative number of COVID-19 cases per 100 000 inhabitants exceed 150.
- www.mscbs.gob.es - Spain Travel Health
- www.mscbs.gob.es - España exigirá a viajeros internacionales de países de riesgo una PCR negativa en las últimas 72 horas
- www.lamoncloa.gob.es - España permitirá que los viajeros de zonas de riesgo acrediten un diagnóstico negativo de COVID con una prueba de Amplificación Mediada por Trascripción (TMA)
- eur-lex.europa.eu - Council Recommendation (EU) 2020/1475 of 13 October 2020 on a coordinated approach to the restriction of free movement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- ec.europa.eu - Council Recommendation on a coordinated approach to the restriction of free movement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- www.ecdc.europa.eu - Maps in support of the Council Recommendation on a coordinated approach to the restriction of free movement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic in the EU/EEA and the UK
- www.boe.es - Orden SND/292/2021, de 26 de marzo, por la que se establecen medidas de control sanitario a las personas procedentes de Francia que llegan a España por vía terrestre
- www.boe.es [BOE-A-2020-14049] - Resolución de 11 de noviembre de 2020, de la Dirección General de Salud Pública, relativa a los controles sanitarios a realizar en los puntos de entrada de España