Junta de Andalucía has decided that shops and the hospitality industry (bars, restaurants, etc.) have to close at 6.00 p.m. The maximum number people in meeting is reduced to four, which also applies to tables at bars and restaurants. The borders of the provinces will be closed. A flexible scheme will be implemented to the municipalities with a higher contagious rate. This changes will begin at midnight 12:00 a.m. on 17 January.
Junta de Andalucía has made a request to the Spanish Government to allow:
- The curfew to be 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- To allow home confinement (“lockdown”)
Due to the flexible scheme there will be further restrictions in two stages in municipalities.
If the contagious rate is above 500 per 100.000 inhabitants during the last 14 days, then the following restriction will be implemented:
- Closure of municipality's border
If the contagious rate is above 1.000 per 100.000 inhabitants during the last 14 days, then the following restriction will be implemented:
- Closure of non essential shops and the hospitality industry (bars, restaurants, etc.).
- Home confinement [if approved by the Spanish government]
The contagious rate in Marbella is 485 and is therefore not affected by the flexible scheme at the moment, but this could change since the contagious rate is increasing.
The stage of the flexible scheme and which restrictions that apply to each municipality can be found at:
- www.juntadeandalucia.es - Andalucía limita la movilidad entre provincias, cierra los municipios con más contagios y reduce las reuniones a un máximo de cuatro personas